Feb 26, 2017

My Current Skincare Routine


Yo! What's up!?

I still can't believe I just turned 29 a few days ago. Wheew! Yes! I am twenty-nine though most people would really have a tough time believing that. Having a terribly small frame does not help at all! For most people, especially strangers, I am nothing but a tiny girl with a bit of an attitude. 

But seriously, though I really don't look like my age, I am just like other women (women???) battling the same insecurities and worries about skin. If I look in a mirror from afar, I can't pretty much see the flaws I got on my skin. But once I take a closer look, that's when I usually cringe and say 'Hell yeah! I'm growing old!'

I think I have mentioned this before, but ever since my teenage years, I've been jumping from one brand to another trying to figure out the brand that would work well with me at a particular age. The brands I have used when I was a teen are no longer compatible with my skin. So, I had to go on with the quest for skincare products. 

These days, I have been religiously using OLAY products. 


I'd wash my face at least twice a day with this Olay Natural White foaming cleanser. I like this because it feels so mild and gentle on my skin. I used to love the facial cleansers/facial scrubs with micro beads that claim to cleanse your face thoroughly. However, they usually leave my skin dry. This foaming cleanser leaves my skin hydrated and supple. 


After washing my face, I'd moisten a cotton ball with this Olay Oil Minimizing toner. I used to skip this part before, but when I recently started putting on BB Cream, I feel like I need something else that would help the foaming cleanser to remove make up residue. 


If it's day time, I'd usually put on this Olay All-In-One Fairness cream. I'm not actually aiming to have lighter skin. However, this is the only cream/moisturizer that I actually like. I've been using this for quite sometime. Before I discovered this 20 gram bottle, I used to buy the 7.5 gram sachet. These products contain UV protection which is somehow necessary since I walk around a lot especially around noon as I go to work. I don't usually use an umbrella and I rarely use hats/caps, so, I'm only counting on these moisturizers to protect me from the sun's harmful rays. 


About two weeks ago, as I was about to get a new bottle of All-In-One Fairness cream, my eyes accidentally landed on this Olay Age Protect Anti-Ageing cream. I figured I should give it a try and see if it would really help improve my skin tone and reduce lines and wrinkles. So, far, I'm loving it! I'm using this before bedtime, but there were a few times when I've put this on during my morning routine too.  




These days, I really spend more on skincare products than makeup because I believe that having a good and clear skin is something I would thank myself for years after. I'm really close to my 30's (yikes!) and I know that I should take better care of my skin. I really promised myself that  there'd be strictly no going to bed with makeup on and I try my best to get a facial at least once a month to get rid of the deep-seated dirt that I can't remove by simply washing my face. 

There goes my simple skincare routine! Mind sharing yours on the comments' section? Do you have any favorite skincare brands/products too? I would love to hear from you!

2 comments:

  1. Olay is uhh-mazing! But wait til you get your hands on amazing Korean skincare products. Uhhh, I'm so obsessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to try out Korean skincare products Biya!!! I was supposed to order face masks from a Korean living in PH...saw the products from her Instagram page! hehe~ would you recommend any brand for me? I'mma start with face masks maybe!

      Delete

I wanna hear something from you!