May 28, 2013

Endings & Beginnings

I can't believe it's only been a month and one day since my last post, but I feel like A LOT of things happened already. Let's have a recap of my schedule the last four weeks, shall we?

April 27, 2013 - I just got my first ever net book (which I call Kimmy). I immediately blogged about what happened to me about the first quarter of the year. I also had a Skype interview with my NEW employer. The job is in China. The interview was good, and they asked me if it's okay if they would put me on 'pending' status. I said I was fine with it because even though I would be leaving my current job (the online teaching thing), I have some other plans once I get out of it.

May 1, 2013 - I got a call back from the Chinese employer, they're asking if I can come up to China by the end of the month. I know!!! What a challenge, right?! So I said, if that's the case I might need to quit ASAP from my current job~~ but that would be a 50-50 chance. We took the 50% chance~~ I talked to my superior the very next day...and I was allowed to leave with less than a month notice...YAY! (thank you Operations Manager!)

May 3, 2013 - I went to the Chinese embassy to 'ask' about what I'm supposed to do first. I was given a card of the affiliated clinic where I can have my medical exam. No idea where it was, BUT I trusted my instincts ALL THE WAY~~ I sent a message to the contact number written there while walking in the streets. I don't normally do that, but I had no choice. I had to multi-task!!! I found the place eventually, did all the tests (yup, I had my very first ECG!) and then I went back to my dorm just to take a shower and take a peek at my FB..then headed to work for my PM shift.

May 4, 2013 - Got the results!!! FIT TO WORK, yay! Screw the HEAT!

May 11, 2013 - I got my work permit and invitation letter from China!!! Met my employer face to face for the first time at Resorts World Manila ~ (thanks for coming with me to Resorts World at midnight Jake! haha!)

May 14, 2013 - Third time I walked in to Chinese embassy (the second one was May 6th, just to get another set of of visa forms, cause I ruined my first set, haha!) But this third time, I really applied for it. It wasn't that hard but kind of a hassle when the person behind the counter asked me to photocopy ALL the documents first before proceeding to the next step. The photocopy place was a bit far ~ THE HEAT!

May 18, 2013 - Met my employer for the second time (around 6 AM) to get the SIM card I'll be using in China.I got my SIM card before I even got my VISA! I got my approved visa later that day. I went to my hometown at late afternoon, but I arrived around 8 PM. Almost no sleep, GREAT! I only stayed there for 20 hours man!

May 19, 2013 - Had coffee with a colleague from my very first job (hi Candy!), then met my cousins later that day (thanks for lending me money for my plane fare Ate Yas!)

May 20, 2013 - I started working on my POEA stuff~~ it was TOUGH...but not just need lots and lots of PATIENCE on the long queue and from THE HEAT! I was there before 7 AM, I got back to my dorm around 3 PM~ I was on leave so I rested the whole night~

May 21, 2013 - The FIRST time I was actually late for work! wheeeeew! I was late for a minute though I took a cab. Thing is, if you're gonna be late, YOU'RE GONNA BE LATE! ^.^ Awesome!

May 24, 2013 - My last day at my online teaching job ~~ Yay!

May 25, 2013 - Packed all my dorm stuff ~ gloomy feeling, just sugar coating it with jokes ~~

May 26, 2013 - Last time I woke up in my dormitory ~ urgh! I didn't want to make my bed cause it means I'll be doing that for the last time. Urgh, but I still did~ then I took a shower, head out to buy the cheap pizza for my roommates and housemates...took pictures ~ then a quick goodbye ~

(left to right) Ate Melon, Chel, Ate Des, Me, Joana and Bep-Bep

I went to Joy's workplace with Jake (who woke up late and didn't get to eat pizza, haha!)

what the hell dude?!

with Queen Joy!
 After that, I had lunch with my family and my uncle's family. The whole gang picked me up from my dorm, but it was FUN! We also dropped by my sister's house; I gave her some of my stuff. Then we stopped by one of my aunt's house to pick up the luggage that she will be lending me~~then my last station for now~ Taguig...where I'll be staying 'til my departure which will be on June 1st~~~

Can you believe all THESE?! I did everything while I was working on my broken schedule. I have no idea how I made all these possible...I just did everything on instinct...and FAITH! ^.^

So now, I'm just waiting for a call from my previous company to do the 'clearance' thing...then...I'm really going to China~~

A month ago, I was SO lost ~ and I was SO tired from the horrible schedule that I was trying to live with ~ this month...I've been so tired and so preoccupied ~~ for a major change in my life...

Let's see what the mid part of the year would bring me~ 



  1. Splendid turn of days for you, man! It took only a month! Wow!

  2. yeah~~ too fast~ had a hard time catching up...^.^


I wanna hear something from you!