May 28, 2013

Endings & Beginnings



I can't believe it's only been a month and one day since my last post, but I feel like A LOT of things happened already. Let's have a recap of my schedule the last four weeks, shall we?

April 27, 2013 - I just got my first ever net book (which I call Kimmy). I immediately blogged about what happened to me about the first quarter of the year. I also had a Skype interview with my NEW employer. The job is in China. The interview was good and they asked me if it's okay if they would put me on 'pending' status. I said I was fine with it because even though I would be leaving my current job (the online teaching thing), I have some other plans once I get out of it.

May 1, 2013 - I got a call back from the Chinese employer, they're asking if I can come up to China by the end of the month. I know!!! What a challenge, right?! So, I said if that's the case I might need to quit ASAP from my current job. But I told them that there would be a 50-50 chance. We took the 50% chance. I talked to my manager the very next day and I was allowed to leave the company with less than a month notice...YAY! (thank you, Operations Manager!)

May 3, 2013 - I went to the Chinese embassy to 'ask' about what I'm supposed to do first. I was given a card of the affiliated clinic where I can have my medical exam. No idea where it was, BUT I trusted my instincts ALL THE WAY. I sent a message to the contact number written there while walking in the streets. I don't normally do that, but I had no choice. I had to multi-task!!! I found the place eventually, did all the tests (yup, I had my very first ECG!) and then I went back to my dorm just to take a shower and check my FB. After that, I headed to work for my PM shift.

May 4, 2013 - Got the results!!! FIT TO WORK, yay! Screw the HEAT!

May 11, 2013 - I got my work permit and invitation letter from China!!! Met my employer face to face for the first time at Resorts World Manila. (Thanks for coming with me to Resorts World at midnight, Jake! Haha!)

May 14, 2013 - Third time I walked into the Chinese embassy (the second one was May 6th, just to get another set of of visa forms, cause I ruined my first set, haha!) But this third time, I really applied for it. It wasn't that hard but kind of a hassle when the person behind the counter asked me to photocopy ALL the documents first before proceeding to the next step. The photocopy place was a bit far ~ THE HEAT!

May 18, 2013 - Met my employer for the second time (around 6 AM) to get the SIM card I'll be using in China.I got my SIM card before I even got my VISA! Fortunately, I got my approved visa later that day. I went to my hometown at late afternoon, but I arrived around 8 PM. Almost no sleep, GREAT! I only stayed there for 20 hours man!

May 19, 2013 - Had coffee with a colleague from my very first job (Hi Candy!), then I met my cousins later that day (thanks for lending me money for my plane fare, Ate Yas!)



May 20, 2013 - I started working on my POEA stuff. It was TOUGH, but not impossible. You just need lots and lots of PATIENCE to line up and unlimited tolerance from THE HEAT! I was there before 7 AM, I got back to my dorm around 3 PM. I was on leave, so, I rested the whole night.

May 21, 2013 - The FIRST time I was actually late for work! wheeeeew! I was late for a minute though I took a cab. Thing is, if you're gonna be late, YOU'RE GONNA BE LATE! Awesome!

May 24, 2013 - My last day at my online teaching job. Yay!

May 25, 2013 - Packed all of my dorm stuff ~ Had that gloomy feeling, just sugar coating it with jokes.

May 26, 2013 - Last time I woke up in my dormitory ~ urgh! I didn't want to make my bed because it means I'll be doing that for the last time. Urgh, but I still did~ then I took a shower, head out to buy cheap pizza for my roommates and housemates. We took pictures ~ then I gave them  a quick goodbye.
(left to right) Ate Melon, Chel, Ate Des, Me, Joana and Bep-Bep


I went to Joy's workplace with Jake (who woke up late and didn't get to eat pizza, haha!)

what the hell dude?!

with Queen Joy!
After that, I had lunch with my family and my uncle's family. The whole gang picked me up from my dorm, but it was FUN! We also dropped by my sister's house; I gave her some of my stuff. Then we stopped by one of my aunt's house to pick up the luggage that I'd be using for my trip. 

Right now, I'm at my last station before I move out of the country - Taguig.  I'll be staying until June 1st, yo!

Can you believe all THESE?! I did everything while I was working on my broken schedule. I have no idea how I made all these possible. I just did everything on instinct...and FAITH! Right n
ow, I'm just waiting for a call from my previous company to do the 'clearance' thing. Then, I'm really going to China!!!

A month ago, I was SO lost and I was SO tired from the horrible schedule that I was trying to live with. This month, I've been so tired and so preoccupied for a major change in my life...

Let's see what the mid-part of the year would bring me~ 

2 comments:

  1. Splendid turn of days for you, man! It took only a month! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah~~ too fast~ had a hard time catching up...^.^

    ReplyDelete

I wanna hear something from you!